The Assam Women's University is on the verge of completion of a year which was full of academic, cultural, sports, and community developmental activities. A brief sketch of the activities carried out over this one year is summarized herein.
- The inception of the university with flagging off on 11th September,2014 by Honorable Chief Minister, Assam Sri Tarun Gogoi.
- As the first outreach programme of the university, a team of faculty members of AWU interacted with the rural people in the adjacent villages about combination of colours and market potential of textile products on 13th November, 2014 with a view to enhance their ideas on weaving and marketing of their products.
- On 14th November 2014, the University joined the Children's day celebration in a neighbouring school as a gesture of encouragement to the students in the school.
- A lecture organized for the people in the adjoining areas of the university on 'Identification of Textile Fibre' by Department of Fashion Design and Technology on 26th November'14 to equip the people with the knowledge on right choice of fabric.
- Women's day celebrated on 8th March'15 by organizing a lecture followed by an interactive session on women empowerment and evils of witch hunting in Baahfola village, Jorhat district.
- In support of Swach Bharat Abhiyaan, the national campaign of the government of India, AWU organized a cleanliness drive on March 7th, 2015 in the campus and surrounding areas in collaboration with NABARD and NGO Snehpad. AWU further participated in the cleanliness drive organized by Jorhat district administration on 22nd march 2015, the World Water Day.